Ernest Journal (Print Issue 3)
Easy to pick up, hard to put down
Ernest is a blog, iPad magazine and biannual printed journal for curious and adventurous gentlefolk. It is a guide for those who appreciate true craftsmanship, who are fascinated by curious histories and eccentric traditions and who care more for timeless style than trends. Interestingly, this wonderful little mag is non-standard size so as to fit perfectly in a satchel and we think it makes for perfect dog walk rest-stop reading material. A periodical of substance created for folk who love to build fires, embark on road trips, camp under a canopy of stars and run full pelt into the sea.
Ernest Journal Print Issue 3 appeals to those of us who appreciate a craft gin cocktail as much as a hearty one-pot supper, who love the grain of wood and the smell of paper, who’d like to learn how to fly fish, brew beer in their shed and name all the constellations of the northern hemisphere. It is for people who like to whittle.
Inside print issue 3:
- The Wild Folk: delve into wild man mythology
- Investigate the psychology of board games
- Read the unbelievable tale of the man who fell through a storm cloud and lived
- Brian May shares his love of Victorian diableries, tiny stereoscopic visions of hell
- Meet the industrious botanists creating terrariums with their own micro climates
- Seek out Iceland’s Huldufólk – the hidden people said to be waiting in an untameable landscape
- Take a slow adventure to the Isles of Scilly, exploring low tide landscapes and abandoned villages, seeking out shipwreck tales and the lost city of Lyonesse
- Meet the fellow bottling seaweed in a cliff top laboratory and bringing bathing machines back to Margate
- Unearth the origins of the Fair Isle jumper
- Retronaut Chris Wild explores the history of denim and the American
Ernest Journal is 160 pages, perfect bound and printed in full colour on FSC approved uncoated 140gsm and silk 170gsm paper.
- 17cm x 22.5cm, 160 pages
- Awesome gift idea
- Printed on 140gsm & silk 170gsm paper
- Published in the UK
UK ORDERS SHIP FREE!
Standard Small (3-5 days) FREE
Standard Regular (3-5 days) FREE
Weekday Express (1-2 days) £3.99
Weekend Express (Saturday delivery) £9.99
REST OF THE WORLD
EU Standard (5-10 days) £7.99
WORLD Standard (10-14 days) £9.99
Order must be received by 12pm (GMT) for these delivery times to apply